Oct 31, 2013
31 Oct 2013
HOW TO: Setting Up Xero Practice Manager Integration.
Today Suite released integration with Xero's Practice Manager providing the only way to intergarte Xero with Microsoft's Office 365. Here's how you connect SuiteFiles to the Practice Manager.
Step 1. Connecting Practice Manager to SuiteFiles
To connect Practice Manager to SuiteFiles you need to do the following:
- Login to Practice Manager and ensure that you have administration rights to the system,
- From the Admin menu select Document Management,
- Click the Enable button beside the Suite logo,
- You will now be asked to enter the URL for your SuiteFiles site. Don't forget to start with "https://". If you don't know this URL simply login to SuiteFiles and check the URL, it takes the form "https://yourcompany.sharepoint.com",
- If you haven't already logged in to SuiteFiles or Office 365 in your current browser you'll be asked to enter you login credentials,
- You'll now be asked if you trust this connection; to make it work you need to click the Trust It button,
- You have now enabled full integration between SuiteFiles and Xero's Practice Manager!
Step 2. Seeing Your Files
Now that you've connected the two system you'll want to see your client documents stored in SuiteFiles inside of Practice Manager. Simply select a client or prospect and click on the Documents tab. If there is a client folder in SuiteFiles with the same name as the client in Practice Manager and it has files in it then you will see them in the Practice Manager (NB: in SuiteFiles all client and prospect files are stored in the Clients folder).
These are the documents that are saved in SuiteFiles.
If you have a client or prospect in Practice Manager that is new or doesn't have a folder in SuiteFiles then uploading a document through Practice Manager will create the folder in SuiteFiles and save the document there.
Also, it often happens that the client name in Practice Manager is slightly different to the name used in SuiteFiles. In this instance click on here in "Click here to change the SuiteFiles folder where documents are stored for this client." to select the folder where documents will be saved for that client.
With this integration it's now easier than ever to access all of the client documents you need no matter which system you're working in.